Case Study of Sun Pharma – Excel Spreadsheets
Sun Pharma is India’s fast growing manufacturing pharmaceutical Industry, promoting branded generic products in Indian & International Markets
- Manually performing financial planning and reporting of their domestic & international operations on excel spreadsheets.
- Finance team create, distribute multiple excel sheets to hundreds of organizational depts., users complete the task and send back to them for budget consolidations, preparing financial statements and reports.
- Uncontrolled data, version controls, currency conversion, change in format template, understanding case scenarios, no insight view of users across 70 – 100 countries.
- Lack of workflow made difficult for them to track the status of each end user task with mails, calls and waiting for response where it delays the process.
- Single web Excel Interface for all the users, Robust workflow, Easy to adopt or use.
- Integration with G/L account, SAP or any legacy system for pulling the data.
- Full control, validations on data, restriction of major information with specific set of defined users.
- Automatic currency conversions, budget consolidations, connected templates are pre-populated with relevant information based on rows and columns.
- Assign Scheduled reports, dead lines to users, access real-time information for analysis, monitor flow status in a real time.
- Detailed audit trail records of all end user actions, Activity logs.
- Excel functionality remains same.
- Generate global P&L reports, cash flow & fund flow statements, inventory & debtors reports, sales projection, top molecules, capex or opex report and many more.
- Understand & analyze good & worst test case scenarios.
- Reduce reporting cycle from 4 – 6 months to close in one day at end of the month with a single click.
- Increased efficiency of all your business operations, reduce costs, no errors & emails, reduce manual work.