Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. is a multinational pharma company and one of the major players in the generic drug market at Indian and International level, having 40+ manufacturing sites spanning over 6 Continents.
Challenges of MIS Manual Process
- Manually performing financial planning and reporting of their domestic & international operations on excel spreadsheets.
- Finance team will create, distribute multiple excel sheets to hundreds of organizational department users to complete the task and send back to them for budget consolidations, preparing financial statements and reports etc
- Uncontrolled data, version controls, currency conversion, change in format template, understanding case scenarios, no insight view of users across 70 to 100 countries.
- Lack of workflow made difficult for them to track the status of each end user task with emails, calls and waiting for response where it delays the process.
Management Information System Solution
- Single web-based Excel Interface for all the users, Robust workflow, Easy to adopt or use.
- Integration with GL account, SAP or any legacy system for pulling the data.
- Bringing Full control, validations on data, restriction on major information with a specific set of defined users.
- Automatic currency conversions, budget consolidations, connected templates are pre-populated with relevant information based on rows and columns.
- Assign Scheduled reports, deadlines to users, access real-time information for analysis, monitor flow status in real time.
- Detailed audit trail records of all end-user actions, Activity logs.
Results of Management Information System
- Excel functionality remains the same.
- Generate global P&L reports, cash flow, and fund flow statements, inventory and debtors reports, sales projection, top molecules, capex or opex report and many more.
- Understand and analyze good and worst test case scenarios.
- Reduce reporting cycle from 4 to 6 months to close in one day at end of the month with a single click.
- Increased efficiency of all your business operations, reduce costs, no errors, and emails, reduce manual work.