In the Pharmaceutical manufacturing industry, there is an increasing need for process management, optimum utilization of equipment’s, elimination of wastages, people management, cost and time reduction, control on the energy and emissions, all the procedures should fully comply with environmental and other regulatory standards.
Plant Engineering Process Automation provides strategic manufacturing knowledge to various Plant Heads/Managers/users to operate efficiently, effectively and safely with quality regulatory and environmental standards during the various production process involved at different stages, and(-) which is a strategic goal for any plant user to improve energy efficiency as well as to reduce manufacturing costs, environmental emissions, by establishing it for a greenhouse gas and green management programs.
In Pharma Manufacturing Process bulk production is of two types – batch or mass production. There are different equipment’s involved in the manufacturing operations such as Boilers, Air Compressors, Cooling Towers, Chillers Plants, Effluent/Sewage Treatment Plants (ETP/STP), Multiple Effect Evaporator (MEE), Generators, Liquid Fuels or Gaseous fuels etc. which consume a lot of energy, fuel, electricity, water or discharge voluminous amount of effluents cause an increase in the temperature and they, in turn, causes environmental degradation. Operational values or data obtained vary from equipment to equipment across the different levels of plants, even if there is no change in the operation process.
The data is collected in the traditional way – excel spreadsheets are being used to collect, capture manufacturing information data manually on a daily basis from different types of equipment’s involved with hundreds of operating equipment parameters. Data is also collected from other third-party information systems. This data needs to be maintained plant-wise, retrieved and analyzed, which made reporting the data more tedious, time-consuming, laborious, monotonous and highly error-prone.
All the users used to collect the plant-wise energy consumption data manually on excel sheets and transfer it to business users for collaboration of hundreds of spreadsheets via e-mail attachment, where the scope of information or data mismatch, abundance of data, maintaining incoherent formats or excel design templates which are unable to adjust or correlate significant volumes of information. This information underwent review or re-checks of the values for necessary corrections and calculations were performed on such non-standard methods) to generate reports such as Weekly/Monthly Plant wise Consumption Reports, Test Reports, Energy Consumption, Waste Consumption of various equipment’s, Power and Energy Index, Steam & Fuel Ratio, Idea Generation Concepts, Utility Efficiency, Encon Tracker, Water Tracker, Usage of Equipment’s and spare equipment’s details etc.
At the time of approval, monitoring the Key Performance Indicators, periodic status reports and forms, reporting process was delayed for long hours even after continuous follow-ups through calls, e-mails which made it difficult to analyze the good and worst test scenarios on a plant level, location or region-wise and also based on all the equipment’s.
AmpleLogic Automation Solution Approach
AmpleLogic’s unique digital approach based on our Business/financial Performance Management Solutions re-imagine our client’s manual collection of operational data, collaboration of large volume of abundance data across the regions into single spreadsheets and their reporting process, made more operational agility, cost efficiency, saves the operational input costs through an internal idea generation process, optimizing the utilization of various equipment’s or capital assets, Process control changes to optimize energy consumption.
- This Amplelogic Energy Consumption Tracking Solution offers fully complied to meet all regulatory standards, including 21 CFR part 11 compliance by automating the process.
- Compare energy usage data with production information to help significant operational cost savings.
- Our solution delivers insights and helped them to make smarter decisions, address challenges around various regulatory standards and compliances.
- Helps specific departments to monitor the performance of their units, often summarize information on key indicators from many operational subsystems.
- Ability to track or traces out the utilization of all equipment’s provided the data, made to improve their inventory management and cut costs in every corner of the process.
- Helps them to capture the right data, make sense of the data and apply it to operational calculations.
- Monitoring energy use in a plant and evaluating proposed changes as per idea generation/distribution of required infrastructure or equipment’s, process improvements by identifying competitive advantages through different plant efficiencies.
- Automatically generate the Scheduled MIS Reports like Weekly/Monthly Consumption Reports, Usage details of Equipment’s, Utility Month efficiency, detailed summary of a well-defined set of KPI’s, Power Index and Steam Ratios and etc. on a periodic basis like weekly, monthly, quarterly.
- Can identify the loopholes where they can reduce the various parameters costs and also the implementation of some proposed ideas to save the money, eliminating the wastages of resources etc.
For example, in pharma industries, the heavy equipment’s like Chiller Plants i.e. HVAC consumes a lot of energy which leads to an increase in the cost of energy and also affects manufacturing costs.
Therefore, the efficiency of chillers can be improved by reducing or lowering the temperature of water by increasing the chilled water temperature and reducing pumping energy requirements and these kinds of measures can be saved billions per year.
After Implementation of Solution
- Highly secure and controlled, adaptable to change, reduces process cycle, full traceability, errors elimination, cost cut downs and increase confidence to meet all regulatory compliance.
- Estimated time and effort reduction while making changes in the operational process by generating ideas, which saves 50 -70% million dollars by saving Energy, Water, and other variable inputs.
- Equipment selection for reduced energy consumption, evaluation of existing process parameters to optimize energy consumption.
- Automation reduces the manual effort associated with data entry and document or reports preparation, reduces time spent on data entry.
- Centralized the process, including implementation of all process automation to avoid the scope of human errors.
- 70 to 80 % improvement in speed of reporting: Reducing the turnaround time for the reports from over months to days.
- Provides data-based insights for faster decision making, allows the workforce to focus on more other works.
- Measure overall equipment efficiencies by obtaining information on availability and performance.
- Utilizing automatically data collection, business managers can track downtime, waste, production counts, and user-defined events, and automatically identify root causes, summarize and analyze data in the context of production events such as by equipment, by product or for improvement.
- Real time tracking of equipment can help in improving the effectiveness of plant or operational processes by enabling informed decisions through access to real-time data
Sample Screen Shots of Application
View of the Dashboard with respective menu bars to give input values for the users.
Equipment Master enables the user to enter the general details such as equipment description and equipment type for the different equipment i.e. Boiler, Air compressor, Chilling Plant, Cooling tower etc.
Weekly Steam to Fuel Ratio
The user must enter data either on weekly basis or on a monthly basis which depends upon the equipment selection type in equipment master.
MIS Report is used to generate reports for the overall resources used, including Electricity, Steam, HSD consumption, and Water consumption.
Site User will enter all the details in the respective grid and click on the calculate button to get the overall estimations of the resource.
Production Details of all Plant Sites