CAPEX vs OPEX – Capital Expense vs Operating Expense
In the Fast moving and competitive world CFO’s need to have strong CAPEX vs OPEX Planning software in order to make faster decisions with confidence based on the exact number produced by a reliable and trusted source.
CAPEX vs OPEX planning is crucial components of the overall budgeting process. They involve key assets like human and physical. Without either, no company could function. And both planning processes require a great deal of detailed data to perform accurately.
CAPEX Planning accurately forecasting workforce expenses requires a more granular approach. The starting point is to collect data under their capital expense vs operating expense with various sub-category – and deliver this to line managers, who can then perform departmental workforce planning. Also, allow them to see the last minute changes impact immediately.
In Case of Employee Expenditure Planning:
Employee salaries, benefits, and any other compensation data will be forwarded to their line managers for annual salary increases, bonuses, and other expected compensation changes for the year. Managers will also need to enter the same information regarding expected new hires. Then they need to consider terminations, transfers, or other staffing and compensation changes to arrive at their annual salary and compensation budget.
CAPEX and OPEX Planning Current Challenges
- Workforce and Capital Expense Planning are critical steps in the budgeting process. They both rely on sensitive and detailed information that can have a significant impact on the overall financial plan.
- However, many organizations rely on error-prone, unsecured spreadsheets and email to manage these functions. It also leads to delay, and difficulty controlling discretionary capital spending.
- The manual spreadsheet-based planning can lead to error in asset capture and inconsistency in corporate classifications, where different divisions might classify the same asset in different manners.
- It’s Really challenging to find out to find whether two division/Sections are budgeting capex for purchasing the same Equipment’s and classified the equipment differently.
- Errors can also occur in validating appropriate spending levels during the requisitioning process.
- Errors often occur in the financial calculations that feed the P/L, balance sheet, and cash flow projections, which can have a major impact on businesses that need to manage cash flow tightly
- One impact of the manual, spreadsheet-based planning process is difficulty in ensuring a consistent set of ROI measures across all divisions of a corporation.
- By the time inconsistency is identified at the corporate level, the entire project proposal has already been created and reviewed at the division level.
- Time is wasted, and the opportunity cost of starting the project on time is magnified.
AmpleLogic CAPEX vs OPEX Planning Spreadsheets:
- AmpleLogic Expense Spreadsheets will replace the current excel sheets with their Automated Spreadsheets by keeping the User Experience like Excel.
- AmpleLogic CAPEX vs OPEX Planning Spreadsheets Allows the master data auto-populated
- Alerts the user on the budget limits, so that the project managers can make necessary adjustments
- The financial calculation will be automated
- Auto Rolling up of Capital Project plans Company wide.
AmpleLogic CAPEX Planning Spreadsheet Benefits
- Reduce reliance on spreadsheets and manual processes
- Leverage your Excel skills while using the power of the Web-based.
- Streamline and reduce the pain of Workforce and Capex planning.
- Link Workforce and Capex plans into the overall financial budget.
- Empower line managers with timely, insightful reporting and analysis and drive accountability within business units.